Government Corruption Team
From illegal, secret connections; to possible collusion with unfriendly powers; to financial and personal conflicts of interest; to lack of transparency that hides information from public scrutiny; to any type of immoral and unethical behavior, this group focuses on identifying and exposing government corruption.
We are currently focused on :
- Supporting an independent investigation of the Trump campaign’s and administration’s ties to Russia by a bi-partisan select committee of experts (Senate Bill S.27, House Resolution H.R. 356);
- Supporting any/all measures that would require Trump to release his taxes–for example, the national Tax March on April 15 and various legislation now before Congress, especially The Presidential Tax Transparency Act (Senate Bill S.26 and House Resolution H.R. 305);
- Campaign finance reform — for example, put pressure on the U.S. Supreme court to amend its 2008 “Citizens United” decision via Move to Amend and Reclaim Democracy.
- Tax rally in Key Largo, 4/18 - Click headline to see photo of UKAN activists beside Highway 1, MM 102 (in front of Murray Nelson Government Center) on “tax day” (April 18).
- Local tax rally tomorrow (4/18)! - Tomorrow is this year’s official “tax day,” so let’s follow up on last Saturday’s hugely successful national Tax March with a rally along Highway 1 in front of the Murray Nelson Center (MM 102, bayside) at 11 AM. Bring signs, banners and noise makers – including your VOICE! We’ll have extra signs (20″x30″) available at the rally! Let your neighbors…
- Tax March – Saturday, April 15, West Palm Beach - UKAN’s Government Corruption team invites you to join Rise Up!, Indivisible South Florida, Women’s March Florida, and South Florida Activism in West Palm Beach to demand transparency from the president. Until we see President Trump’s taxes, we won’t know if and when his decisions benefit him and his family – or the American people! A recent…
- Urgent – call Rep. Curbelo about Trump’s taxes! - Moveon.org: “Tomorrow, with Republicans still reeling from a massive health care loss, House Democrats on the Ways and Means Committee—thanks to Representative Bill Pascrell—will force a debate and vote on whether the U.S. Treasury should submit the past ten years of Donald Trump’s tax returns for Congress’s review.1 Let’s make sure the Capitol Hill phones…