UKAN’s mission is to inspire and empower Upper Keys citizens to take collaborative and individual actions to effect positive political change.
- UKAN learn more about issues
- UKAN organize for change
- UKAN take positive and productive action
- UKAN become a force to be reckoned with
Who we are
We are a network of friends and neighbors in the Upper Keys who are deeply concerned about the current direction of our country. Inspired by the power of democracy, we are working to resist and change that direction through coordinated, issues-based actions designed to benefit the entire Upper Keys.
We respect the truth, facts, science. We promote civil discourse, tolerance for all points of view, basic human rights. We take care of each other and our neighbors. We believe that a sustainable local economy must be based on a healthy, sustainable local environment. As an organization, we are inclusive, non-partisan, unaffiliated with any political party.
What we do
- We ACT, focusing on local, state and national issues.
- We EMPOWER both individual and collective political actions.
- We CONNECT to a growing network of individuals and organizations doing similar work.
- We RESIST when we must, REACH OUT whenever we can, PERSIST always – we’re in it for the long haul!