- Message UKAN’s Lindsey Crews (https://www.facebook.com/lindsey.crews.18) if you can obtain reusable bags or volunteer to educate visitors about the need to reduce single-use plastic. She will be teaching the community to make plastic bag, sleeping mats for the homeless (Operation Bedroll) at Key Largo Library (Friday, April 21).
- Call Florida Representative Holly Raschein [(305) 453-1202] and thank her for introducing Florida House Bill 93. Ask her what the next step for this bill is and when that should happen.
- Call Florida Senate Community Affairs Members to urge them to pass Florida Senate Bill 162.
- Community Affairs Members (contact links found at https://www.flsenate.gov/Committees/Show/CA)
Chair: Senator Tom Lee (R)[District (813) 653-7061; Tallahassee (850) 487-5020]
Vice Chair: Senator Jeff Clemens (D)
[District (561) 540-1140; Tallahassee (850) 487-5031]
Senator Aaron Bean (R)
[District (904) 757-5039; Tallahassee (850) 487-5004]
Senator Jeff Brandes (R)
[District (727) 563-2100; Tallahassee (850) 487-5024]
Senator Daphne Campbell (D)
[District (305) 493-6009; Tallahassee (850) 487-5038]
Senator Keith Perry (R)
[District (352) 264-4040; Tallahassee (850) 487-5008]
Senator Jose Javier Rodriguez (D)
[District (305) 854-0365; Tallahassee (850) 487-5037]
Senator David Simmons (R)
[District (407) 262-7578; Tallahassee (850) 487-5009]
- Call Monroe County commissioners to urge them to sponsor a plastic bag ban resolution. District 5 is for Key Largo.
- Name Title Email Phone
- Carruthers, Heather District 3 email@example.com (305) 292-3430
- Murphy, Sylvia District 5 firstname.lastname@example.org (305) 453-8787
- Neugent, George District 2 email@example.com (305) 872-1678
- Rice, David District 4 firstname.lastname@example.org (305) 289-6000
- Kolhage, Danny District 1 email@example.com (305) 292-3440
- Attend next UKAN meeting April 18th. Discuss root cause of single-use plastic problem. Come up with a plan of action to move forward to reduce consumption of single-use plastics.